The right partner can offer convenient online payment options to residents while keeping costs down and minimizing risk for property owners and managers. Here’s a checklist to make sure you get the most value from your current payment provider.
- Are you able to accept 100% of rent payments digitally?
- Do you offer a certified payment option to ensure bank funds are verified before they hit my ledger?
- Do you offer both mobile check payment and traditional check scanning capabilities?
- Can unbanked residents apply cash payments to their account via services like MoneyGram?
- Do you offer the ability to automate credit card and ACH payments?
- Do you offer automated logic to modify payment options based on resident status and timing?
- Does your system allow multiple roommates to have individual accounts?
- What are your fees for platform use and/or ACH payments? Are there any other fees?
- Do you offer live support for our on-site teams?
- Do you have assigned account managers and live training for additional support?
- Do you provide rent reminder emails sent free of charge each month?
- Do you have 24/7 bilingual support for residents?
- Do you offer free credit card chargeback protection?
- What support do you offer for handling chargebacks?
- How long does it take to successfully resolve a chargeback?
Depending on the answers to these questions, it might be time to review your payment partner options. If you’d like to see Domuso’s answers to these questions, let us know!